Tuesday, 16 September 2014

Doctor Who - Listen Review

I don’t really know where to begin. I will start by warning anybody who hasn't seen the episode yet not to bother, its crap.
Moffat was his usual boring self, the plotline was typical and predicating. I would compare it to a garden weed, such as the nettle; it grows everywhere but nobody wants it. As result I felt nothing, but the sting of my brain beginning to digest itself with boredom.
Events churned through, orchestrated the way previous episodes were. As if to the tune of a repeated EMaj. 9#11 chord, everything about it was barbaric and unpolished. At times I thought the director was probably high, he must spend his whole pay check on drugs so to be permanently backed thus producing such a large amount of trudge.

The episode highlighted the lack of an overall story to doctor who which we have become so use to over the last decade. The episode, like the rest, had less purpose than a street lamp in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. The few twists which had been chucked in were a poor attempt to produce an even tangibly interesting story, it was laughable; would be better suited in the next scary movie film.

Now let’s talk about the positives:
There were none, I would have been better off spending an hour listing to pink noise.

Its episodes like these which makes me ask myself “why do I bother watching doctor who.” I realise that I am like a dog with an abusive owner. I live in hope. Even though the chances of a walk or meal is remotely low, I must believe in the potential, without that I would not live at all.


0/10

Life is like an apple, useless without a spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment